Removing condensate from steam lines is essential for proper heat transfer and to avoid water hammer.
- PSup to 630 bar
- DN15 - 50
- TS (°C)0 - + 400
- Design:Temperature Control Traps or Balanced Pressure Traps
- MaterialsSteel, Stainlesssteel, Low Alloys, Specials
- Connections:Flanges, Buttwelding, Socketweld, Thread, Specials
- Pressure Classup PN 630 / ANSI class 600 lbs
In a steam line system, steam traps are indispensable for two reasons:
1.) Eliminate steam condensate.
2. Remove air and other non-condensable gases from the line.
Condensate Removal Removing condensate from steam lines is essential for proper heat transfer and water hammer prevention. Removing air and non-condensable gases It is important to remove air or non-condensable gases from the steam system to prevent adverse effects on the heat transfer function. Non-condensable gases can dissolve in the condensate, causing acids and corroding piping systems.